Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally Review


Title: Catching Jordan
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Published: December 1st, 2011 by Sourcebooks Fire
Book rating: 3 stars
Cover rating: 4 stars
What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.
But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?

I read Catching Jordan with my friend Jude from Inbetween Writing and Reading and it started off great for me. I loved Jordan from the beginning and the sense of humor thrown into the story automatically intrigued me. Jordan was such an interesting female character, she was strong and independent and never felt like she needed a boyfriend so I found I enjoyed watching her notice boys more enjoyable. From the beginning you could tell Henry, Jordan's bestfriend from childhood, was interested in her more than just friends but she was absolutely clueless and blind to it! Jordan seriously frustrated me throughout the story because Henry was such a genuine nice guy and she was just so oblivious. I loved Henry from the beginning as well, Miranda definitely knows how to write a swoon worthy male character. He was so sweet and caring towards Jordan and hilarious too. When Ty, the second boy interest, is introduced to us I had an off feeling about him but I just chalked it up to the fact that I was already rooting for Henry. Clearly I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, as soon as we started to really get to know Ty the more he annoyed me and the more I just didn't want to read the book. He seemed so fake and using. The entire time I felt like he really didn't care about Jordan or anyone else for that matter and it was all just some big show for him. His past and family situation was really sad but just because you have a hard life doesn't give you the right to be a crappy person. So while Jordan was blinded by whatever charm Ty possibly had (I didn't see a whole lot) I was ready to give up on the book, the one thing that kept me reading was the supporting characters. JJ and Carter were probably my favorite and both had me laughing at everything they did and said. I loved how the friendships were so incorporated into the story. Even though Henry and Jordan went through some rough times JJ and Carter stuck by both of them through it like true friends. The ending to Catching Jordan truly redeemed this book for me, I was really worried some crazy stuff was going to happen but I loved the ending and it left me feeling better about the story. Although this book wasn't my favorite I'm definitely going to continue reading the series because I'm curious to see what else Miranda has in store. Just because I didn't really like one of the characters definitely doesn't mean I didn't enjoy Miranda's writing or her amazing ability to create great characters and a fun story to follow. At times I felt like certain parts in the story that would be key events in a persons life were skipped over or were ended in a really abrupt way as if they weren't even a big deal. 

Purchase this book on

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: