Friday, March 22, 2013

Wait for You by J. Lynn Review


Title: Wait for You
Author: J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)
Published: February 26th, 2013 by J. Lynn
Book rating: 4 stars
Cover rating: 4 stars
Some things are worth waiting for…
Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.
Some things are worth experiencing…
Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.
Some things should never be kept quiet…
But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?
And some things are worth fighting for…

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, I absolutely love Jennifer's writing style and her story crafting skills. When I heard about Wait for You I immediately added it to my TBR on Goodreads and when it came out early I bought it instantly diving in. I enjoyed the story as a whole but had a few problems with it. The biggest one would be the spelling and grammar, my God. I swear to you every few pages had something blatantly obvious that was incorrect. I know Jennifer has an editor, I really think they should have spent more time on the editing and released it later or on time rather than early. Another problem I had with it was the over used story line, it may be because I've read so many NA Contemporary novels lately but it gets old after awhile, thus I'm taking a break with this genre. Anyways, the last problem I had with this that I can think of is how Avery used her past as a crutch to flat out lie to Cam for so long even though she had SO many chances to come clean. Especially after he told her his big secret, it's not like he wouldn't have accepted it and been supportive. I mean come on, it's Cam! 

Speaking of Cam, he's what saved this book for me. I really, really loved him. I'll admit that I love me some bad boys, I mean I love Damon Salvatore and so many others but it's refreshing and fun to read about a genuinely good and nice guy who wants the best for the girl. He was so hot too, my God. Can I have a Cam when I go to college? I will do whatever you want if I can. He was so supportive of Avery and so patient with her, I really admired that in him and he was undeniably cute. His little turtle obsession with Raphael has got to be the cutest thing ever, I had no clue how Jennifer was going to tie a turtle into the story but I love how she did. I also really loved all of the supporting characters. I'm hoping they all get their own stories, I would love some more NA Contemporary from Jennifer, she writes a good entertaining story. 

Favorite Quotes

Jacob wasn't smiling. He was just staring at me in.. awe? "I am so incredibly envious of you right now. I would give my left testicle to run into Cameron Hamilton." 

"It's like we're a catastrophe waiting to happen." - Cam

"You've been checking me out, haven't you? In-between your flaming insults? I feel like man candy."  - Cam

My body knew what to do, what it wanted, even though my brain was firing off so man warnings I felt like Homeland Security during a Code Red. - Avery

Everything was okay. Maybe not perfect, but life wasn't meant to be perfect. It was messy and sometimes it was a disaster, but there was beauty in the messiness and there could be peace in the disaster. - Avery

Purchase this book on

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't read anything by JLA, and I think I need to do something about that as soon as possible. It's a shame this book wasn't edited properly despite her having an editor. Sometimes I can overlook it, but it gets to a point where it becomes distracting. Avery sounds a bit of a mix, but Cam sounds adorable! I'm so intrigued by the idea of a guy who's obsessed with turtles and, I've heard, bakes cookies. Yum. Fab review, Kylee! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: