"Road Trip Wednesday" is a 'Blog Carnival,' where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading- related question that begs to be answered.
This weeks question: What are your goals for the new year---for reading, writing, or other?
My answer: This is going to be a long answer, I'm going to just make this post about my reading/blogging goals for 2013 because I wanted to make a post like this anyways.
- I want to read at least 80 books, I didn't want to set a super high number because if I didn't reach that goal I'd feel like I needed to and that might distract me from my school work which is very important. If I read more than 80 that's awesome.
- I want to meet more people in the blogging community and become friends with them, I don't know anyone in person who really has the passion and love for reading/books like I do.
- I want to co host some sort of readathon, giveaway, challenge, or maybe all three at least once this year with another blogger.
- I want to try and get ahead with my posts so I have some leeway if I ever need a break or I'm not able to write up a post. I did get ahead at the end of last year but then I took a month long break from blogging and that was ruined. ):
- When I turn 16 in March I want to apply at this Barnes & Noble right down the street. I'm not sure if I'll get the job but I really want to try and I figured that would be a fun first job. (: If it doesn't work out I'm searching for another book store.
- Last year I fell behind with some of my ebooks for review and I'd really like to get all the ones I have right now read by the end of this year, hopefully a bit sooner than that.
- I'd like to do a few changes appearance wise to the blog or maybe even save up to get a theme made, I'm not sure which yet.
- I've decided to participate in a few challenges such as the YA Contemporary challenge hosted by Katie's Book Blog and the 2013 TBR Pile Challenge hosted by several bloggers such as Evie at Bookish and I really want to try and complete them! (:
Okay so I can't think of any other goals for this year yet but I'm sure I'll find more throughout the year. Do you share any of my same goals? If not what are some of yours?