Monday, January 14, 2013

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines Review


Title: Fallen Too Far
Author: Abbi Glines
Published: December 14th, 2012
Book rating: 4 stars
Cover rating: 4 stars
To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter.


She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.


But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.

This is the second book by Abbi Glines I've read and I really enjoyed this one. It's fast paced, the characters are well developed, and the story is fun to follow packed with a bunch of feels. I read this in one sitting because I was so invested in Blaire and Rush's story, I really wanted to know what was going to happen between the two. 

The story starts off with Blaire arriving at her father's house, she never speaks to the man and the only reason she asked to stay with him until she got up on her feet is because he's her last resort. When she's first introduced I honestly thought she was a guy because of how bad ass she was in the first scene. That sounds awful and I'm sorry Blaire! I quickly fell in love with her, I think I have a girl crush, but I honestly just wanted to be a friend for her throughout the book. She's been through so much and she took all those experiences and became stronger from them instead of turning into a hateful bitter person. I really admired her for this. 

Soon after she arrives Blaire meets Rush and he's immediately a big fat douche canoe, not to mention her new step brother. At first I'm like okay great Rush is some sexy dick who is going to ruin Blaire but over time we learn he's really a sweet guy with a load of issues, just like Blaire. He just has a different way of dealing with all of them. I didn't always agree with things he decided to do but I really did like him as a character after getting to know him. 

The twist in this story was surprising although at the end I started loosely connecting the pieces in my head. I never expected what happened to happen though and I swear I yelled so loud at my phone after I read the last few chapters!! I kept checking to see if there was more but sadly nothing appeared. I'm not sure exactly why but the last few books I've read have had huge spit in your face, tear your heart out cliff hanger endings and it's such a bitter sweet thing. Nonetheless I really enjoyed this book and recommend this book to those looking for a good new contemporary romance novel, just read it closer to the second books release in February! 

Purchase this book on

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book too. I think Abbi Glines is awesome :) I recently reviewed this on my blog.

    I am a new follower :)

    Laura @Bookish Treasures blog

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: