Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Fury by L.J. Smith Review


Title: The Fury (The Vampire Diaries #3)
Author: L.J. Smith
Published: October 26th, 2010 by HarperCollins
Book rating: 4 stars
Cover rating: 2 stars
A Love Triangle of Unspeakable Horror... Stefan
Tormented after losing Elena, he' s determined to end the feud with his brother, Damon--whatever the cost.
Damon
Mocking Stefan and Elena, he laughs in the face of doom.
Elena
Wild with her craving for blood, she confronts the ultimate evil.
The terrifying story of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.


The Fury is definitely my favorite Vampire Diaries novel so far! I don't think the synopsis does a very good job of describing this book though. I really enjoyed this book because I felt like the characters and plot were more well rounded in the story. Elena finally started realizing all that she had and stopped being some snobby ungrateful brat, that is something I was very happy about!  It was really interesting to see how much being a vampire changed Elena as a person, it really ironic that becoming a vampire of all things made her into a somewhat better person. I liked seeing her realize all the wrong things she'd done in her human life and how she made up for them and apologized to those she hurt. I also really loved seeing her appreciate those who were always truly there for her. I was so excited because I thought I was going to see more of her and Damon as a couple but there wasn't much, although she did admit she loves him. Damon as always is a crazy, evil guy but we got to see him soften up a bit and I'm hoping we get to see more of that in Dark Reunion! Stefan was his same old self in this book, loving Elena no matter what. I liked how he sort of proved his love for her throughout the beginning of this book by showing he would watch over her no matter what. I really liked finally figuring out what was going on with Meredith and finding out what/who was taking over Bonnie! It was interesting to find out a bit more about where Meredith came from, even if it wasn't much. I also really enjoyed how the thing that was taking over Bonnie tied into the story, it was a neat idea.

The plot of The Fury was a lot more enjoyable for me. It was a good pace and I honestly didn't see the big surprise coming! I was wondering when that certain big surprise was going to happen in the books! The cliff hanger ending at the end of this book was put together a lot better than the last two, it was a good cliff hanger not an annoying one that felt forced. I'm so excited to see how exactly they're going to do the next book because the ending of The Fury has me wanting to know more so bad!! I definitely recommend this one, which is weird being this is the third book in a series!

Purchase this book on

1 comment:

  1. I actually read these before the TV series started and they were awesome ~ but not really the same as how the television series goes. But great all the same :)

    Thanks
    Laurynne from Coffee, Books & Lipgloss

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: