Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines Review


Title: Twisted Perfection
Author: Abbi Glines
Published: April 20th, 2013 by Abbi Glines
Book rating: 3 stars
Cover rating: 4 stars
Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren’t something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out. There was always a chance she’d go crazy sooner than they expected…
Woods Kerrington had never been one to be attracted to fragile females. They seemed like too much work. He wasn’t in it for the work just the pleasure. A night full of naughty fun had been exactly what was on his mind when he’d laid eyes on the hot little number that didn’t know how to pump gas and needed some help.
What he didn’t know was she was as fragile as they came.
The carefree girl who spoke her mind and didn’t care what the world thought of her was more breakable than he could ever imagine…

I wanted to love this book but I just couldn't. I was so looking forward to Woods getting his own story, I adored him after seeing him take care of Blaire and look out for her in Never Too Far. I gained respect for him in that book and I feel like this book let him and me down. Della Sloane was an interesting character, I didn't hate her but I didn't love her. Her back story and child hood were absolutely bonkers, I have no clue how Abbi came up with it but kudos to you because I couldn't even imagine something so disgusting and sad. Woods is a sweet guy with a bad boy side and authors know us girls love that. I feel like this was over used and too much of a focal point. Something was missing for me.

Della and Woods first meet and get together with a one night stand, interesting right? After this a certain situation sends Della back to Woods hometown and they meet again and then the typical drama of Abbi Glines books starts going down. I had nothing against that, I usually love Abbi's writing but Della and Woods relationship and actual story lacked depth for me for lack of a better word. There was drama and a struggle but I feel like the relationship went by too fast for me, I didn't get to soak up the awesomeness and savor it. I also feel like a lot of their relationship was built on and circled around great sex. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, it's natural and is also needed in a relationship, but I wanted something more than that. More of an emotional connection. It just felt like the usual hot bad boy saves damsel in distress with bad past and it didn't have anything that jumped out at me and screamed unique. The ending didn't really bug me as much as a lot of people have been saying it has them though. It wasn't really a huge cliffhanger for Woods and Della's relationship in general. I can see how it might cause them problems but at the same time I feel like it was just done to give us more of their story in a second book. I would have much preferred Abbi just written a longer book and given me more in one book rather than two. So sadly for me I'm going to have to say this didn't do it for me and I was really let down. I'm hoping the next book in the series gives me something more. 

Purchase this book on

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: