Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (23)


Tuesday - Teaser Tuesday! Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Here are the rules; grab your current read, open to a random page, share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page, be careful not to include spoilers or give to much away (it might ruin the book for others), share the title and author of the book so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!


Greg Gaines is the last master of high school espionage, able to disappear at will into any social environment. He has only one friend, Earl, and together they spend their time making movies, their own incomprehensible versions of Coppola and Herzog cult classics.
Until Greg’s mother forces him to rekindle his childhood friendship with Rachel.
Rachel has been diagnosed with leukemia—-cue extreme adolescent awkwardness—-but a parental mandate has been issued and must be obeyed. When Rachel stops treatment, Greg and Earl decide the thing to do is to make a film for her, which turns into the Worst Film Ever Made and becomes a turning point in each of their lives.
And all at once Greg must abandon invisibility and stand in the spotlight.

So I guess we should start with the first day of senior year. Which was actually awesome until Mom got involved.

I mean, "awesome" in a relative term. My expectations were low, obviously. Maybe "awesome" is too strong a word. The sentence should be: "I was pleasantly surprised when the first day of senior year did not make me want to freak out and hide in my own locker pretending to be dead." 

I haven't actually started it yet but I'm going to some time today, either way I'm pretty sure I'm going to like this one. That sounds like something I'd do, say, or think.

Share your teasers with me, Bookaholics! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: