Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (6)


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where you post about one book per week that has been on your wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that you can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto your wonderful shelves. Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Dani of Pen to Paper.

Sixteen-year-old Jack gets drunk and is in the wrong place at the wrong time. He is kidnapped. He escapes, narrowly. The only person he tells is his best friend, Conner. When they arrive in London as planned for summer break, a stranger hands Jack a pair of glasses. Through the lenses, he sees another world called Marbury.
There is war in Marbury. It is a desolate and murderous place where Jack is responsible for the survival of two younger boys. Conner is there, too. But he’s trying to kill them.
Meanwhile, Jack is falling in love with an English girl, and afraid he’s losing his mind.
Conner tells Jack it’s going to be okay.
But it’s not.
Andrew Smith has written his most beautiful and personal novel yet, as he explores the nightmarish outer limits of what trauma can do to our bodies and our minds.

Why I'm wishing for this book: A booktuber I'm subscribed to on YouTube talks about this book several times throughout many of her videos and she really made me want to read this one. The cover really caught my eye with this one but finding out that it was from a males point of view really sealed the deal for me. I love finding books that interest me from a male pov because I have such a hard time finding them in general. 

Any special wishes this week fellow book lovers? Did you get any of your wishes granted from last year over Christmas? I got some pretty good ones just waiting to be read! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: