Thursday, February 7, 2013

ReVamped by Ada Adams Review


Title: ReVamped
Author: Ada Adams
Published: February 20th, 2012
Book rating: 4 stars
Cover rating: 5 stars
A simple mission turned deadly.
Nineteen-year-old vampire Dawn has led a sheltered life within the confines of her father’s presidential headquarters. Upon being sent on a mission to revamp four goofy misfits into guardians of a peaceful little town of Angel Creek, Dawn believes that all her dreams have finally come true. What starts off as a simple task, turns into something unexpected, changing Dawn’s life forever and leading the action-loving, thrill-seeking vampire teen on a path of mystery, danger and intrigue.
When a human girl is kidnapped by a group of rogue vamps, Dawn discovers that there is more going on in Angel Creek than meets the eye. And it all connects to Ethan, the cute newcomer who seems too perfect to be true, Sebastian, the mysterious vampire with a turbulent past, and even Dawn herself. Dawn must not only succeed in revamping the troubled recruits, but must also prevent the vampire race from being overtaken by a malevolent villain who has a strange and obsessive fascination with her. As threat escalates, romance blooms, and ghosts from her past begin to surface, Dawn is sure of only one thing: her life will never be the same.


I'm not exactly sure why I waited so long to read this one, especially considering all the praise it received from one of my blogger friends and a good handful of bloggers that I religiously follow.  I'm so happy and thankful that Justin Justin's Book Blog gifted this to me because I thoroughly enjoyed it. ReVamped is like no other vampire book I have ever read and I loved every word. It was paced perfectly and the action/romance was balanced very well. It starts off with Dawn immediately walking into her father's office and receiving her mission. After that we set out on an insane but awesome journey with her! 

Dawn is such a strong, take charge, kick ass character and I love her! She's the daughter of the Vampire President, can you imagine the pressure? Yet she still accepts her life for what it is and I admired her for that. She found out quiet a few things throughout this book and I was so proud of her when she decided to not let it ruin her life. One thing I wanted to do was force this girl to relax!!! She is always go go go, no slowing down. She actually reminded me a lot of my sister but nonetheless I loved her because she was a strong well developed heroine, not a whiny flat one. 

Sebastian, oh my handsome hunk of vampire man. I LOVE YOU. I find I'm drawn to mysterious, moody male characters that are secretly super caring guys that hide it and he's exactly that. On the outside you don't get much except it's obvious he's hiding something but every once in awhile his true sweet caring side slips outs. I love how whenever he'd give Dawn attitude or make some rude comment/look she didn't take it and got right back in his face. I thought that was hilarious and good for him. She knew exactly how far to push with him and they worked well as a team when they wanted too. 

Hunter, Brooke, Sophie, and Seth are the supporting vampire characters who Dawn is sent to recruit for a new guardian team in Angel Creek. I can't express how in love I am with every single one of them. Hunter is an alcoholic and drug addict but when Dawn recruits him she forces him to sober up and get his life back on track. I'm really excited to learn more about him because I find myself really drawn to him, probably because he's also dark and mysterious. Brooke is the local psycho snob, her main goal in life is to win prom queen and she's literally been trying to for 50+ years. Brooke made me laugh a lot throughout this story and I feel like she's just putting on an act. I'm hoping we discover more of her later on because I really do like her. Seth is this cute little nerd who is in denial of being a vampire, I don't want to give anything away but the way he was turned had to be traumatic so I understand why. After he decided to kind of move on from that event we got to see his cute little nerdy side and I think I could be really good friends with him. 

You'd be insane to skip this one, I highly recommend to those who are looking for a fresh new vampire book that isn't following the crowd! Quirky, fast paced, and well written ReVamped is a must read! 

Purchase this book on
Amazon | Barnes & Noble not available

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This sounds really good! I definitely need to get this when I'm itching for a new vampire series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! I really liked it. I'm currently reading the second book, ReAwakened, and I LOVE this one!

      Delete
  2. I've just nominated your blog for an award!
    Please check out the details at my blog:
    http://starlightbookreviews.blogspot.com/

    I'm following under Reena Hashim, if you could, please follow me back :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: