Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ever by Jessa Russo ARC Review


 Title: Ever
Author: Jessa Russo
Expected Publication: October 1st, 2012. 
Book rating: 5 stars
Cover rating: 5 stars
Seventeen-year-old Ever’s love life has been on hold for the past two years. She’s secretly in love with her best friend Frankie, and he’s completely oblivious.
Of course, it doesn't help that he’s dead, and waking up to his ghost every day has made moving on nearly impossible.
Frustrated and desperate for something real, Ever finds herself falling for her hot new neighbor Toby. His relaxed confidence is irresistible, and not just Ever knows it. But falling for Toby comes with a price that throws Ever’s life into a whirlwind of chaos and drama. More than hearts are on the line, and more than Ever will suffer.
Some girls lose their hearts to love.
Some girls lose their minds.
Ever Van Ruysdael could lose her soul.
 First off, how absolutely stunning is the cover? Honestly, it is gorgeous! Before I go into this review I want to say that I am Team Frankie 100% no matter how sexy and swoon worthy Toby can be. 

Oh, Jessa Russo what have you done to me?? THE BEST AND THE WORST ENDING EVER. I highly recommend you read this book but fair warning the ending will have you saying "What the heck?" and wanting book two right now. Ever is a book that has almost everything; humor, heartache, lust, love, passion, need, mystery, and suspense! It made me feel every emotion you can think of at some point. I was laughing at some parts and wanting to cry and yell at others. This book was anything but boring.

I could not put this book down, I was up until four in the morning reading it last night because I needed to know what happened. At first we're introduced to Ever while she's sitting with her girl best friend Jessie who has a ton of spunk, and her DEAD male best friend Frankie who is drop dead sexy. My first thought is "Wow, wouldn't it be weird to have a dead friend hanging out with you as if he wasn't dead?" With something as crazy as that happening within the first chapter I knew this book was going to be interesting. We, thankfully, got to meet the swoon worthy Toby within the first few chapters. I was so thankful Jessa didn't make me wait to meet this mysterious guy. Ever had an instant attraction towards Toby but was conflicted and confused about it because she still loves Frankie. So walah we have a very complicated love triangle! I don't want to spoil what happens but it's a really fun aspect to have in the story.

Jessie and Ever make me smile. There friendship is one that I wish I had with someone. They know each other so well they know what the other is thinking before they even voice it. Jessie is a really girly girl and Ever loves black so it's a very peculiar combination but it just works. Frankie is such a sweet guy, I love how he always tried to be there for Ever even when she had done something to upset him. Even though he smokes, which I find really unattractive, he's still swoon worthy and I'm hoping we get to know him a bit better in the second book. Toby is drop dead sexy, I absolutely love him. He has a tattoo, he's dark and mysterious, he has blue eyes. What's not to love? I just can't help being Team Frankie, he's Ever's child hood sweet heart and they've loved each other for such a long time.

The story flows very well and it's never lacking action or suspense. I was guessing up until it was right there on the page for me. I am dying to read book two because I really need to know what's going to happen! I highly recommend you guys read this book. It wasn't supposed to be released until October 1st but I guess they decided to do an early release so it's available on Amazon and Kobo. I will link that for you below! (:

Order this book on
Amazon | Barnes & Noble 

Huge thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy to read and review!

2 comments:

  1. Oh.my.god. THIS SOUNDS AMAZING! I've mever actually read a story involving a ghost in a romance so that should be interesting. This is bad, this is really, really bad, as if I don't already have an overflowing TBR list.

    P.S. I think smoking is unattractive too ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooo good! Definitely one of my favorite reads this year. I hope you get to read it!(:

      Delete

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: