Sunday, August 12, 2012

Eternal Eden by Nicole Williams Review





Title: Eternal Eden
Author: Nicole Williams
Published: March 31st, 2011
Book rating: 4 stars
 Cover rating: 5 stars

College sophomore Bryn Dawson is a self-proclaimed poster child for normal. However, the day William Hayward enters her life, normalcy is the last thing Bryn will be able to count on if she wants to be with him. Too mysterious and appealing to be good for a girl, Bryn feels drawn to him in a way that seems out of her control—as if fate is orchestrating it.
Despite every red flag and warning siren going off in her head telling her not to, Bryn falls hard for William, knowing he’s categorically different from anyone she’s ever met. She never imagined how right she was. When William takes her deeper into the rabbit hole of his world, Bryn must decide just how much she is willing to sacrifice to be with him, knowing no matter what, fate always finds a way to have the last laugh.
Spinning a new twist on star-crossed lovers, Eternal Eden will put Bryn through a gauntlet of turmoil, challenging her to find the power within herself to become the heroine in her own story.

So because I just started this blog and I also just started the Eternal Eden series, I've decided this is going to be my first book review. I just finished Eternal Eden and I'm starting the second later tonight! I am a fan of Nicole Williams so when I found out this book was free on amazon I dove right in. Let me start of saying that I LOVE the immortal world Williams has created, it's different from anything else I've read and I honestly don't like overused story lines. 

I honestly was really iffy about this story while reading the first half of this book for a few different reasons. Bryn seemed really whiny to me in the beginning and she was utterly clueless about things going on around her. It's like she acted as if things that were going on were normal when they really weren't. Also, whenever William's brother Patrick is introduced and he starts to show odd signs to Bryn as if he has feelings for her it got too Twilight like for me. It was Bella, Edward, and Jacob all over again, but maybe I just was misreading his signs? Other than that I really enjoyed how all of the main characters in this book are really well rounded and very interesting. It had that one character that you loved, the one that you got frustrated with, and the evil villain that you absolutely despise. The plot was really well rounded too, I don't like having to wait around for some action to happen and it seemed like there was action almost right away! I also like how it was an insta-love in disguise for Bryn. Read the book and you'll understand what I mean! I was laughing at some parts and angry at others but it's the books that make me feel something that I like the best. Over all I really enjoyed this book and recommend you check it out. It's free on amazon, so if you have a kindle it wouldn't hurt to check it out. (: 


P.S. If you do read this book and enjoy it, The Glassheart Chronicles is also free on amazon and the last chapter of the book is William and Bryn meeting but from Williams point of view. I recommend you read it because I really looked at William in a different way afterwards, you get to know him a bit better!(: 


Download for free at



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: