Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (24)


Tuesday - Teaser Tuesday! Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Here are the rules; grab your current read, open to a random page, share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page, be careful not to include spoilers or give to much away (it might ruin the book for others), share the title and author of the book so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

Twenty-seven year old Carrie Thompson-Sherman has the life she always wanted: her PhD, a prestigious fellowship, and an amazing husband. Her life begins to unravel as a jealous colleague puts her fellowship in jeopardy and a haunting secret Ray Sherman carried home from Afghanistan comes to light. Hounded by a federal investigation and the ensuing media feeding frenzy, Carrie and Ray desperately lean on each other, until a disastrous accident puts both Ray and her sister's lives at risk. In the last hour, Carrie and Ray will each find themselves faced with a choice. A choice that will change everything.

When I walked out o fthe security gates of Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport, my eyes immediately focused in on Carrie. She stood apart from the other people waiting outside the gate, almost as if a space automatically formed around her because of her height or her beauty or maybe just her general badassery. This was a lady who handled mountain lions for a living, after all.

I can not stress how much I love this author or how much I am loving this series, especially The Last Hour. I love supporting indie authors and this is definitely one worth supporting. I'm excited to review it for you guys when I'm finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: