Monday, April 1, 2013

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead Review


Title: Shadow Kiss
Author: Richelle Mead
Published: November 13th, 2008 by Razorbill
Book rating: 5 stars
Cover rating: 3 stars
It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.

As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line - and choose between the two people she loves most.

Wow, what a great installment to this series. Vampire Academy is just getting better for me, I like how Rose is growing up and the problems I had with her in the first book are being resolved because of that. All of the characters are growing and we're getting to see so many sides of them, it's always interesting to see your feelings for a character change as the story goes on. I really enjoyed all of the action in this one, it may have started out a bit slow but the build up to see exactly what was going on was great. The plot wasn't completely unpredictable but it was surprising to see everything that happened and the ending was absolutely insane. I was not expecting that at all and it broke my heart. Rose and Dimitri were so close to having a happy ending and then it just didn't happen, it was really bittersweet.

I like how we got to see more of the actual couples, like I said before I liked this series because the love interests haven't been the main point of the story and too focused on but in Shadow Kiss I liked how we got to see more of Dimitri and Rose together and Christian and Lissa. I will always love Christian, he's such a cool guy. I have a crush on him, I won't even lie. (I didn't mean to rhyme, I promise.) Lissa was a bit annoying for me in this book, I feel as if she's gotten really ungrateful of Rose and all she does for her. I'm hoping she snaps out of it. Dimitri was definitely swoon worthy as ever, I just love him so much. I'm so anxious to see what's going to happen in the next installment in the VA Series!! Michelle has definitely thrown in some twists I wasn't expecting.

P.S. I know I've been MIA lately, I'm in the process of moving so I'm sorry if the blog is a little dead for a week or two, just bear with me!

Purchase this book on

1 comment:

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: