Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines Review


Title: Never Too Far
Author: Abbi Glines
Published: February 25th, 2013 
Book rating: 3 stars
Cover rating: 4 stars
He had held a secret that destroyed her world.

Everything she had known was no longer true.

Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.
Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again.
What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately?

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.

I don't even know how to start this review to be honest. I feel as if it might be more of a ranty review. I loved Fallen Too Far, I loved Rush and Blaire. I loved how badass and independent Blaire was. Maybe I expected to much from Never Too Far or maybe somethings wrong with me, either way I feel let down. It's not that I didn't like this book, I did. I just didn't love it like I did Fallen Too Far. It felt lacking in some places and redundant in others. It picks off a few weeks after Fallen Too Far ended and we're thrown back into the drama of Rush and Blaire almost instantly, which I loved. Blaire is obviously hurt by what Rush kept from her, who wouldn't be? So she tries to keep her distance, not wanting to see him again or any of his family members. Then something huge and something I saw miles away happens and shit hits the fan even more than it already had been. 

Eventually Blaire finds her way back to where Rush is and their lives start entwining again, Rush tries so hard to get her back without being pushy but continuously messes up in little ways. Most of the ways he messes up are with good explanation though, I mean along with their relationship drama he has all the other drama of his mother, sister, and step father to deal with too. I was so completely over Blaire's neediness after awhile. I feel like she just expected Rush to be perfect, I get what he did was COMPLETELY NOT OKAY and what he kept from her was something she had the right to know but he's apologized for that and you're supposed to be moving forward, not backward. The few things he did in this book were little except one thing and of course Nan went and effed that up too. That's another thing I was completely over with, NAN. Gosh, I had no clue someone could be so nasty and mean. Someone should have put her in counseling so she could learn to talk about her issues with her dad and then move on with her life. Babying her and letting her misplace blame and treat others like shit while acting like hers didn't stink was only making her worse. I am SO GLAD she was finally put in her place and by the end I was feeling a bit better about her. 

Besides those points I really enjoyed reading more about both Rush and Blaire. They're both such fun characters and to see them get their happy ending was awesome. Learning more about the supporting characters surrounding them was just as exciting. I didn't really feel like they needed a third book, I felt an epilogue would have worked, but after reading the teaser Abby posted on her blog I'm excited for it and definitely excited for Woods and Grant to get their own stories. Over all Never Too Far was just an okay read for me. 

Purchase this book on

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: