Thursday, January 24, 2013

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols Review


Title: Going Too Far
Author: Jennifer Echols
Published: March 17th, 2009 by Pocket Books/MTV Books
Book rating: 4 stars
Cover rating: 3 stars
HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?
All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.
John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over....

I ordered Going Too Far on Amazon because I've been wanting to read a Jennifer Echols book and it was bargain price so I figured it was a perfect time. Once it came I got distracted with several other fabulous books and put it on the back burner. Jude, my lovely fellow reader and friend on goodreads said she loved it and highly recommended I read it ASAP. THANK YOU JUDE! I'm so glad she pushed me to read this, it was the perfect quick, hilarious, sweet weekend read. It was so easy to get lost in Meg and John's story, the plot was well paced and full of suspense and tension.

Meg came from a troubled past, I honestly didn't see the big surprise coming and I was honestly shocked when she shouted it out, literally. It explained so much and I really experienced a lot of feels. I was glad to see she wasn't throwing her life away for no reason whatsoever. Meg was such an interesting awesome person, I would so be her best friend if I could. One night she decides she wants to have sex with some stupid guy who means nothing on the forbidden bridge. It's illegal to go on the bridge and very dangerous. This is where John comes in, John is the cop that arrests Meg and saves her life. Eventually we find out that John has a very troubled past also full of heart break, tragedy, and pain. He's attached to this bridge and that's why he hasn't moved on and gotten the heck out of their hometown like everyone else does.  In most contemporary novels you see a troubled girl or guy who needs that one person they find. I loved that in Going Too Far John needed Meg just as much as she needed him. They weren't afraid to push each other to the limits, they weren't afraid to say what they wanted to each other or do what they wanted. I loved that they were so willing to push each other and test their relationship. It made the story all the more fun to follow and easy to love. I highly recommend this novel to those who love contemporary romance novels with a twist of humor because the humor in this book was awesome. 

Purchase this book on

P.S. It's still 4.40, bargain price, for a paperback on Amazon!! (:

1 comment:

  1. I really like the sound of this one - sounds so cute! New follower by the way - visit me at http://www.wickedwonderfulwords.blogspot.co.uk :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: