Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review


Title: Cursed
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: September 18th, 2012
Book rating: 5 stars
Cover rating: 3 stars
Dying sucks-- and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows.
Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he's a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she's more than interested. There's just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out.

However, she's willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't? But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not have been an accident at all, she's not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time.
Jennifer has done it, again. I swear, none of  her books will ever let me down. I'm in love with her Lux series and when I found this one it sounded really interesting to me. I won a contest and decided to ask for this book as my prize. Huge thank you to Brittani @ Hope, Faith, and Books

I will openly admit that this book wasn't a huge, huge mystery to me. I suspected who was behind it all when he/she was first introduced in the book but other things I had to guess at until the end. I loved the story line of this book and how it all played out. Jennifer's writing style is amazing as usual, I love the way she can easily create a scene for me. Hayden is definitely swoon worthy and man oh man was I lusting over him. Not only was he drop dead gorgeous but he was sweet, kind, and really caring. I felt like he was really misunderstood  by most people in the book and I'm glad we got to see the real him and not what others said he was. I was rooting for Ember and Hayden through the entire book, it definitely didn't help at how amazing Jennifer did with creating the steaminess of some scenes. You would think that because they couldn't touch the more personal/mature scenes wouldn't be all that steamy but no! They were swoon worthy, too! Ember was awesome, I loved her. I did find myself wanting to beat her in the head when she hadn't figured out who was behind everything sooner but she was distracted by a bunch of other things. I loved how she had actual problems and with some things, I felt like I could relate. I loved what a strong person she was, after all she had been through she still got up every day for Olivia, Which brings me to my next thing, I LOVED what a wonderful big sister she was. It was as if Olivia was like her own child in a way, she accepted Olivia and her gift for what it was and tried her best to help her along the way. Olivia, was the cutest thing ever and I loved her role in the book so much!!! I liked how innocent she was and how hilarious she could be! This entire story was a really amazing read and I wish it wasn't a stand alone because I would kill for some more Ember and Hayden right now!
Favorite Book Quotes

"When I did open the door, freedom didn't wait — a half-naked Hayden did." - Ember

“You quoted Oscar Wilde.” I smiled. Hayden laughed. “Yeah, that was, like, the height of geekdom.” “No. It was kind of cool.” - Ember and Hayden

Purchase this book on
Amazon | Barnes & Noble

4 comments:

  1. Great review! Think I might want to read this book now, since you made it sound really good! And I do love JLA's writing.
    I'll add this to my TBR list. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you get to read it soon. (:

      Delete
  2. *Major fangirl squeal!* so excited to hear that you loved the book!! Anything Jennifer Amrentrout writes I MUST read its a given. I need to get on with reading this novel ASAP because your choice of quotes are making me love Hayden and Ember already. Amazing review :D

    Kaina@These Flying Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I came across your blog on a discussion board on Goodreads! I've been bowsing and I love it! Your reviews are great! I actially have a lot of your books in my "to-read" pile, and now I want to get to them even more! =) Feel free to visit me at www.hearthomehappilyeverafter.blogspot.com Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: