Saturday, August 18, 2012

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review



Title: Onyx
Author: Jennifer L. Aremtrout
Published: August 14th, 2012
Book rating: 5 stars!!!
Cover rating: 5 stars
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
Seriously though



This book was beyond amazing. I thought I loved Obsidian but it's half of what Onyx is and even with saying that Obsidian is still awesome. I didn't expect so much to happen, I really liked seeing Daemon admit to his emotions in the ending of the last book so it's really neat to see him act on them and show Katy he cares for her more than just a friend or because he feels obligated to in this book. I fell even more in love with him in this book and got to understand him as a character a bit better. For more than half this book I wanted to punch Katy in the face more than once, she's such a clueless girl in Onyx. She did pull her head out of her butt eventually though! I still love her character but she just acts stupid in this book at times. She was infuriating yet it still made me love this book all the more. Just a side note for all of the big fans of the whole laptop scene in Obsidian, there's some pretty steamy scenes coming to ya in this book. They aren't over done in the book though and I really like that! After this book I honestly wish Dee was real or something. I just want her to be my bestfriend, she was really loyal to Katy in this book even though most people wouldn't have been. There's also a new character introduced in this book, his name is Blake Saunders. One sentence for him: Blake Saunders must die. You'll understand after you read the book. 

We get a better background about the luxen and the DOD in this book and I was really excited about that. I don't like reading about something and having no clue what's going on. It's always fun to have a mystery but I'm glad Jennifer didn't make us wait for answers too long. This book is very close to the top of my favorites, I loved it and I am anxiously waiting for Opal!

Favorite Quotes:

"Resistance is futile, Kitten." - Daemon

"I was having one of those days where I wanted to start throwing things because only breaking crap would make me feel better. My limit for acceptable weirdness in my daily life had been maxed out." - Katy

"It was like a scene straight out of Beauty and the Beast. I kept waiting for a teapot to start singing." - Katy


Purchase this book at


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: