Thursday, August 16, 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review




Title: Obsidian
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: May 8th, 2012
Book rating: 5 stars
Cover rating: 4 stars 
Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.
Let me just say this




I CAN NOT stress how much I loved this book. Yeah it's not all that new but I just joined the lovely community of book lovers online and I heard something amazing about Obsidian from every other person I follow or am friends with so I figured I'd check it out. I am so glad I did, this book is fantastic. First off, it has the perfect amount of action, well rounded characters that are very likable, and the writing is great. 

The fact that Katy is a blogger made me love her, I mean Jennifer even added little details like Katy doing  'Waiting on Wednesday' and 'In My Mailbox' memes. Is that not the cutest thing ever? I really like how she's so feisty when it comes to Daemon and how she tries to hate him but really can't. Relationships like that are hard not to love. Then there is our lovely Dee, the poor girl has an outrageously over protective brother and just wants to have one 'normal' friend. I really felt bad for her when she was afraid Katy was going to stop being her best friend. Dee reminds me of a cute, bouncy, curly haired girl. She's just got that kind of happy attitude, when she isn't yelling at Daemon ofcourse. Speaking of the jerk, I think Daemon has become one of my favorite characters. He's a total jerk face but it's hard not to love him, I hate how he puts on this huge douche facade when we all know he isn't really that way. He was such an interesting character, he's really back and forth with his emotions. I feel for Katy because if Daemon did that to me I'd go insane, literally.

I bought this book yesterday and obviously devoured every bit of it. I can't wait to read Onyx, I'm kind of glad I read it after the second came out because it would really suck having to wait for more of Daemon, Katy, and Dee. 

Purchase this book at

5 comments:

  1. I love this book as well!!!Nice review...

    Your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored Obsidian too! :D Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Rose. It was a great book, I'm reading Onyx and it's soo good. I can't wait to do a review for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really want to read this book, but it seems so hard to find and I'm one of those people that don't like making requests because the cashier looks at you all funny and the people behind you in line listen in. Like they literally lean closer just to hear what I'm saying. It's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually was looking for the series in Hastings today and I'm not sure if you can buy it in stores. My mom and I are very familiar with that store and we couldn't find it if our lives depended on it. I know you can order it online though and get it shipped to your house if it's an option for you! I have some links where you can purchase it by the cover photo or you can look on http://www.bookdepository.com/. It's free shipping world wide! Good luck with your search! (:

      Delete

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: