Thursday, August 16, 2012

Before the Blog(1)



"Before the Blog" is a meme where bloggers can post a review of a book they read and loved BEFORE they started blogging about books, along with answers to a few questions about their choice which you can find on my blog memes page.
(source:http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/06/before-blog-1-extraordinary-by-nancy.html)

Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.
Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.
Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.

Why did you choose this book? I was browsing through my kindle book store and found the book Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens, this book was in the 'you also might like' section so I clicked it. I read the description and couldn't decide which one to read for awhile, I finally just choose this one and I'm really glad I did!

When did you read this book? On July 29th, I literally stayed up until 5:00 am reading this book. I didn't want to put it down, I don't think I could have if I tried anyways.

Who would you recommend this book to? I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys young adult books. I honestly wasn't expecting what I got and it was a nice surprise. This book is really well written. It's a love story with complications but it has it's own little twist. Also, if you enjoy poetry I think you'll enjoy this book too.

Happy reading and smile, it's almost Friday!

Purchase this book at


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my fellow bloggers have to think and comments always make my day. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. (: